In Thailand, footage of an elephant calf has gone viral. In it, we can see the calf falling from exhaustion after walking around with tourists for hours.
The one-year-old creature was attached to its mother with a rope while her mother was carrying tourists around at Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens in Pattaya, eastern Thailand.
Concerned tourists saw that the poor baby wasn’t doing so well and decided to film her. The calf proceeds to fall and roll on the floor in 40C. One can hear the tourists talking about the poor elephant as it falls and gets back on its feet.
While the filmer has remained anonymous, she has said that the calf collapsed due to exhaustion.
According to her, “There are many more baby elephants tied with their mother walking around with tourists at their backs enjoying under the heat of the sun while these elephants are suffering. This one baby elephant was so exhausted, and you can see the mother comforting and encouraging her to stand.” She continued. “I’m just concerned for the elephants and want to ensure their welfare is properly taken care of.”
But the Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens has denied all allegations. A spokesperson informed that the calf was neither exhausted or being abused.
According to them, “All of the elephants are healthy and treated very well. If there is a problem they are treated by vets. All of the babies here are healthy.”
#AnimalCruelty #Phuket #Thailand
If your traveling to Thailand, PLEASE avoid animal #tourism#selfie sold to you for 💰💰💰 Paid in animals lives
This baby has a future of beatings and pain for your entertainment #OpFunKill pic.twitter.com/DT434u1wBv
— ✾ h0t_p0ppy ✾ (@h0t_p0ppy) May 20, 2019
The video went viral days after the Dumbo incident happened in the Phuket Zoo. This was when another baby elephant died due to the zoo’s negligence that caused the baby to have a digestive tract infection.
The poor baby had been through so much pain that his body was too weak. And when he could no longer hold his body weight anymore, his back legs snapped. He was only taken to the hospital three days after his symptoms started.
SHARE this post with everyone you know!