Dorothy Booth from Virginia had sadly passed away last most at the age of 97. Her caring nature and lovely personality had left a lot of memories behind for her loved once who grieved for her dearly.

It had only been a short while since her death, but her family who was still not over the loss started having a regular, mysterious visitor in their home.

Booth’s daughters, Debbie and Jeanne, used to speak to the late woman about what she thought laid after death and if she had to send a message to them after it, how she would do it. It was a light-hearted topic at the time, little did they know that it was going to come back with such a full force.

Angela Abbott Patteson

“They talked many times with Grandma, lightheartedly, even jokingly,” Angela Abbott Patteson, Booth’s granddaughter-in-law, said. “‘Hey, when you get to heaven, see if you’re able to send a sign that you’re there and that you’re happy.’ She would say, ‘I’ll see what I can do!’ They said, ‘Send a cardinal!’ Because that was one of Grandma’s favourite birds.”

It seems that she did.

Booth was popular in the family for her favourite card game. After the day of her memorial, everyone gathered around to play it in her honour. That is when they heard a noise at the kitchen window.

You can guess what happened next.

Angela Abbott Patteson

“My father-in-law went outside and saw it was a cardinal. It was just sitting there, completely alert and calm — nothing wrong with it,” Patteson said. “He was able to approach it and pick it up. He brought it in the house. [Debbie and Jeanne] were just ecstatic. They were taking pictures and crying and saying, ‘Oh my gosh, it really happened!’”

The moment was heart-wrenching for everyone and it was no surprise that none of them wanted to let go of the bird. But slowly, all of them came to the consensus that it needed to be set free.

But the cardinal had other ideas.

“They tried to release it, but the bird turned around and landed on her shoulder,” Patteson said. “They were in sheer delight that that happened.”

After a brief moment, both of Booth’s daughters put the little creature on the branch. It stayed there for a while, then flew away.

“This has brought so much comfort to them, to have this prayer answered,” Patteson said.

Call it a coincidence or a miracle, Booth’s family will never believe that this incident was just a random happening, nothing short of astonishing.

Angela Abbott Patteson

“They knew that it was from God,” Patteson said. “To have this happen has been so comforting. It’s really helped my mother-in-law and her sister. This was definitely an answer to prayers.”

SHARE this post with everyone you know!